Categories: statistics, finance, research & information, general
The ATO has released Taxation Statistics 2009-10. The figures show that while the number of Australians claiming a tax deduction for charitable giving increased in the 09-10 year there was a significant decrease in the amount given.
Some of the highlights include:
- Individuals claimed tax deductible gifts totalling $1,962 million, a decrease of 6.3%
- The number of private ancillary funds (PAFs) has increased to 955 (as of 31 October 2011)
- Giving by PAFs has increased to a total of $197 million in 09/10, an increase of 28.8%
- PAFs now have $2.2 billion in funds under management
- Workplace giving stats are included for the first time and show total workplace giving for 09/10 at $23 million
The full report and the detailed tables are available to download from the ATO website.
2 Comments »
Leave a comment
Please note that in order to prevent spam, comments on this blog are moderated, and thus may take a couple of days to be approved for posting. Please be assured that all legitimate comments will be approved for posting.
Powered by WordPress with Pool theme design by Borja Fernandez. Design modified by Philanthropy Australia.
All content © Philanthropy Australia 2007 - 2011. See Copyright & Privacy Statements.
Entries and comments feeds. Valid XHTML and CSS. ^Top^