Categories: philanthropy australia website, What's New, news, positions vacant, events, workshops, general
PRESSING MATTERS STORY OF THE WEEK
Anti-Poverty Week a time to reflect on inequality near and far
By Paul McDonald (Age, 18/10/11)
Few Australians remain untouched by poverty. It creeps quietly along our streets, festers within indigenous communities and may only be a pay cheque or two away, even for many middle-income earners. This week is Anti-Poverty Week, and the aim is to get all of us talking about disadvantage and how to address it.
This is an excerpt from the 13 - 19 October 2011 edition of PRESSing Matters (Members access only)
New ACNC Taskforce YouTube Channel
The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Implementation Taskforce have a new YouTube channel, with current videos explaining the role of the ACNC and how it will interact with the third sector, business, government and public at large.
Above: Interim Commissioner and Head of the ACNC Implementation Taskforce, Susan Pascoe AM provides an overview of the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission and its role from 1 July 2012.
PHILANTHROPY AUSTRALIA WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS
- Philanthropy 101 Seminar - Adelaide, Monday 24 October 2011 - full, click here to register your interest in future seminars
- Grantseeker Workshop - Brisbane, Tuesday 8 November 2011 - click here to register online
- Working with the Board, Professional Development Workshop Series (Full Members only) - Melbourne, Tuesday 8 November 2011 - click here to download the registration form
- Understanding the Governance of Charitable Foundations Seminar - Melbourne, Thursday 10 November 2011 - click here to register online
- Philanthropy 101 Seminar - Sydney, Tuesday 22 November 2011 - click here to register online
New dates scheduled for 2012:
- Brisbane CBD - Thursday, 23 February 2012 - click here to register online
- Sydney CBD - Wednesday, 7 March 2012 - click here to register online
- Melbourne CBD - Wednesday, 14 March 2012 - click here to register online
- The Canary in the Cage and Coal - Coal Seam Gas, Climate Change and Philanthropy (Tuesday 25 October, Sydney)
- Impact Investment Forum (Wednesday 26 October, Melbourne)
- Annual Ethics in Philanthropy Debate (Thursday 27 October, Melbourne)
- Indigenous Innovation Unconference (Saturday 29 October, Redfern NSW)
- National Conference on Volunteering 2011 (9-10 November, Brisbane)
- Fundraising Key Relationships Coordinator - Sydney, Australian Conservation Foundation. Sydney location, permanent full time. Applications close Friday 21 October 2011.
- Development Manager, Arts Access Australia. Melbourne location, remote working considered, part time. Applications close Monday 24 October 2011.
- Executive Officer, Westpac Foundation, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability. Sydney location, full time. Applications open until filled.
- Accountant / Book Keeper, The Ian Potter Foundation. Melbourne location. Applications open until filled.
- Administrative Assistant, Matana Foundation for Young People. Sydney location, hours negotiable. Applications open until filled.
- Development Director, Documentary Australia Foundation. Sydney location. Applications open until filled.
- Large Gift Fundraiser, Opportunity International Australia. Melbourne location. Applications open until filled.
- Development Director, Australasia, Room to Read. Australia location. Applications open until filled.
No Comments yet »
Leave a comment
Please note that in order to prevent spam, comments on this blog are moderated, and thus may take a couple of days to be approved for posting. Please be assured that all legitimate comments will be approved for posting.
Powered by WordPress with Pool theme design by Borja Fernandez. Design modified by Philanthropy Australia.
All content © Philanthropy Australia 2007 - 2011. See Copyright & Privacy Statements.
Entries and comments feeds. Valid XHTML and CSS. ^Top^